Gabrielle is an experienced environment and planning lawyer.
Based in Melbourne, practising throughout Australia.
Gabrielle is adept at navigating Australia's complex environment and planning laws, and has advised in matters in all states and territories and at Federal level. Her expertise is broad and includes advising on compliance and enforcement; transactions; major development projects and contentious matters such as merits and judicial review and civil claims.
She understands the commercial operating environment and has spent over 9 years in private practice advising businesses and local government, including two secondments as in-house legal counsel to Orica Australia Pty Ltd and the London Stock Exchange.
Gabrielle has an undergraduate degree in Geoscience and a strong understanding of technical environmental issues. She is a regular speaker on environmental regulation and risk, notably with leading industry associations such as the Australian Environment Business Network and Australasian Land & Groundwater Association.
Importantly for an environmental lawyer, Gabrielle also has a depth of understanding of public interest environmental law and the importance of public and stakeholder engagement, from her work advising community and environmental groups at the Environment Defenders Office in Victoria.
Gabrielle has a strong regulatory background which has seen her working on large scale white collar crime, tax and other criminal investigations. She brings this expertise to her work on environmental enforcement matters and achieves pragmatic and commercial outcomes for clients.
- BSc Hons Geoscience, St Andrews University, Scotland
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Common Professional Examination), Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC), Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, UK
- Gabrielle trained as a solicitor in London with leading international firm, DLA Piper, in 2005 and was admitted to the Supreme Court of England and Wales in 2007.
- In 2010, Gabrielle moved to DLA Phillips Fox in Melbourne, fell in love with all things Australian, and was admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria in 2011.
- Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
- Professional Environmental Women's Association (PEWA)
- Law Institute of Victoria