As a specialist environment and planning lawyer with 10+ years experience in solving complex legal problems, I help clients across Australia by providing accessible legal services and intelligent, pragmatic advice.
Since establishing a boutique and specialised firm in 2016, I’ve advised on some of the most significant development projects in Australia and helped tens of clients by providing accessible services designed to give clients confidence and clarity on complex issues.
I’m sought after by industry and clients alike and appear as guest speaker for a range of organisations including the Australian Environment Business Network; The Australasian Land & Groundwater Association; Professional Environmental Women’s Association and The Governance Institute of Australia.
I trained and was admitted to practice in London with global law firm DLA Piper. In Melbourne, I worked for DLA Phillips Fox and more recently, led the Environment Practice at Lander & Rogers.
How I help
In-house Legal Advisor - Ideal for collaborating with your team on ongoing projects or advisory matters
External Legal Services - fixed fee or hourly rate
Law Firm Support – support on a deals, help with a proceedings, a need for ancillary environment or planning advice
Gabrielle is adept at navigating Australia's complex environment and planning laws, and has advised in matters in all states and territories and at Federal level. Her expertise is broad and includes advising on compliance and enforcement; transactions; major development projects and contentious matters such as merits and judicial review and civil claims. Gabrielle has a strong regulatory background which has seen her working on large scale white collar crime, tax and other criminal investigations. She brings this expertise to her work on environmental enforcement matters and achieves pragmatic and commercial outcomes for clients.
She understands the commercial environment and has spent two secondments as in-house legal counsel to Orica Australia Pty Ltd and the London Stock Exchange. Importantly for an environmental lawyer, Gabrielle also has a depth of understanding of public interest environmental law and the importance of public and stakeholder engagement, from her work advising community and environmental groups at the Environment Defenders Office in Victoria and in the Northern Territory at EDO NT.
Gabrielle has an undergraduate degree in Geoscience and a strong understanding of technical environmental issues.
- BSc Hons Geoscience, St Andrews University, Scotland
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Common Professional Examination), Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC), Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, UK
- Gabrielle trained as a solicitor in London with leading international firm, DLA Piper, in 2005 and was admitted to the Supreme Court of England and Wales in 2007.
- In 2010, Gabrielle moved to DLA Phillips Fox in Melbourne, fell in love with all things Australian, and was admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria in 2011.
- Australian Environment Business Network (AEBN)
- Professional Environmental Women's Association (PEWA)
- Law Institute of Victoria